Thursday, November 5, 2009

Fifth Day of the 2009 NaNoWriMo

I have been successfully been able to write my entire 1667 quota before 10 am every morning so far. I'm really happy with my progress so far. I've been learning a lot about how to write this first draft efficiently. I am mostly concentrating on creating action and dialogue and I'm not too worried about descriptions and other details right now. today I had to do a little research for the chapter I'm going to be working on tomorrow. There's a ceremony that I wanted to find out. I took a couple of wrong turns and couple of dead ends when researching on the internet but within half an hour I had the information I was looking for. I started taking notes on a piece of paper what I thought I'd need but then changed my mind and just copied and pasted the information right into my chapter for tomorrow. Tomorrow I'll edit the material to fit the story, add in personal details about how my character dealt with the ceremony, what is thoughts were etc. The chapter shouldn't take long to write. It'll be easy to rework the information in such a way that I won't be plagiarizing.

My word count is 9009.

No comments:

Post a Comment