Saturday, August 29, 2009

Day -63 and counting

Today is day minus 63 and counting to the great 2009 NaNoWriMo. Last night I had a dream about two people arguing. The man had feelings for woman but he was married to another woman. It was his wife he was arguing with. She was saying that he didn't love her but he argued back that he did. Because I knew the whole story (After all, I set the whole thing up in my mind) I knew that both of them were telling the truth from their personal perspective. She knew that he wasn't IN LOVE with her but what he was saying was also true. He did love and respect her because he refused to follow through with his feelings and decided instead to honor his relationship with his wife.This scenario is similar to a scenario I set up in my first novel (that has yet to find an agent). In my first book: When God turned His Head Kanter is in love with Drusilla but he marries Sarah and remains faithful to her for the rest of her life. It's important when writing any scene in a work of fiction to try to see the scene from as many viewpoint as possible. This adds depth to the fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment