Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Day -32 and counting

Autumn is definitely here. We haven't started the woodstove yet and it's really cool this morning so I'm wearing a sweatshirt while I'm working. I've gotten caught up from the weekend and I wrote four articles yesterday which is a really big deal for me. One in self-growth.com and one in bukisa.com as well as here in this blog and Simply Living. I've committed to writing another book after A Coward's Solace. This other book is a nonfiction book called: Wraps--Coming Full Circle in Weight Control. I'm planning to make this a self published book. I want to market it myself and I'd like to assist others with an affiliate program where we can help each other sell our books by writing reviews for each other and placing them all over the internet. If it works with a nonfiction book, I'm going to try it with my novels as well. If anyone is willing to work with me on this project. (I'll start this after the NaNoWriMo with Coward's and after I finish writing WRAPS which should be around the first of the year. ) If anyone is interested in working with me on this project where not only you help me sell my book but I'll help you sell yours, contact me at my email address: cygnetbrown@gmail.com and I'll get back to you with more information when January rolls around. If you're writing a novel for NaNoWriMo, maybe we can market that book. Maybe this will give YOU the incentive you need to get your book written so you too can get it published. If you already have a book published and need help marketing it on the web, Let me know that too. Maybe we could make an arrangement where I can begin helping you sell your book online even before the first of the year. We writers don't have to work alone. If we learn to work together and pool our resources and skills, we can make more money than we would have going the traditional route of going through an agent and then publishing through a traditional publishing house and do it in less time. With some of these self-publishing companies, you can have an ebook out in less than 24 hours. Sure beats the 12-24 months it usually takes to get a book published. Most of the online marketing success with books has been in writing nonfiction books. I think the novel has been overlooked as a source of online book sales because it's still in its infancy. I think there's a big potential for marketing novels online without being ripped off if we writers learn to work together. I'm here right now just open for dialogue with other writers who want to keep more of the money that their booksales and sell more books than they might otherwise have sold EVEN THROUGH A TRADITIONAL PUBLISHER. The potential is there if we'd just birth it.

1 comment:

  1. Hello! Thanks for checking out my blog. Once you publish your book, let me know so that I can review it for you. I'll also send links out to my email list with your book photo and a link to purchase it. I've been building a contact sheet of people who will possibly purchase my book so I have no problem sharing my contacts. Best of Everything!

    Marcus

    ReplyDelete