Sunday, September 13, 2009

Day -48 and counting

We don't have a television in our our home so we have to find other ways to entertain ourselves. Our daughter fancies herself to be an artist and she does a lot of artsy stuff. She started a club called the Sparklie Girls' club which is a girls' club (of course) where the girls work together to clean up the environment and learn about not littering. My daughter has written a cute little book called The New Sparkle which is the magazine for the Sparklie Girls' club. I think it's pretty impressive for an eight year old girl but I wish she'd apply some of her enthusiasm toward cleaning the environment toward her bedroom.

My husband and I share the computer and when one is on the computer, the other is reading or doing housework. (You can guess which one in doing the housework. I'll give you a hint, it isn't my husband.) What's really funny is that he used to make fun of me for reading all the time now he's doing as much if not more than I am.

Our chickens and cats are quite entertaining too. Quite often I'm sitting in my corner office. (My computer desk is in the corner of the livingroom) and I will sit and watch our kittens playingor one of the cats confronting one of the chickens. Yesterday one of the kittens (about 8 weeks old) came nose to nose with a young rooster. It was the rooster that backed away. It's not always the chickens that back away though. Usually at breakfast time the chickens are a ravenous hoard and they think that everything that I put out there is for them and if I didn't stand out there and protect the cats food while the cats ate, the chickens would eat the cats' food as well as their own. I can imagine what it must be like for anyone driving by seeing a woman shooing chickens away from the house with a broom. They probably think I'm crazy. (I may well be, but that isn't the point.) A lot of people may also think that life here in a little house in the middle of a field is boring too but we enjoy it. Especially when the little house is within eyesight of a place where the Beatles once stayed but that is another story for another time.

No comments:

Post a Comment