Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Day -60 and counting

Yesterday was such a bad day for me that I decided to make today a day of least resistance. For me a day of least resistance is a day that if I come against something that leads to difficulties I stopped and decided to do something else. This worked well for me because I got a lot more than I thought I would done. I actually finished projects and started a couple that I had on my list of things to do. I also decided to use a timer to help me focus on the project I was working on. I used the timer for a number of my household chores. I set my timer for fifteen minutes and them focused on that one thing until I was done or until the timer went off. I got caught up with a lot of the chores I didn't do yesterday. I also used a timer in some of my writing. I timed myself for five minutes of writing time and found that I was writing 184 words in five minutes. That's about 35 words a minute which doesn't sound like much but I was creating while I was typing. The second and third times I timed myself I didn't do as well but I think whenever I'm going to try to write new material I'm going to try to use this technique. I think it will probably help me in November when I'm writing my NaNoWriMo.

No comments:

Post a Comment