Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Day -33 and counting

I just wrote a blog on my other blog: http://cygnetbrown.blogspot.com/ that tells about Myrtle Yester-daze and what it's like living here in this area. I'd be honored if you'd check it out.

It's been a bit of a let down for my daughter now that her BIG event is over. Although she's still a princess to her family, the kids at school are reminding her that she's still just Boni Brown their classmate.

For me, the weekend was a practice of living in the moment. One of the things I have a habit of doing is to live in the future even when what is going on is a big event. So this weekend I decided I was going to not think about writing (much) and concentrate on making the memory with my daughter. I find it amazing that not only did my relationship with my daughter improve but it gave me more prospective on my writing. I've got several things to draw on to write about that I didn't have Friday.

Yesterday I didn't get much writing done. Because we were out all weekend, I didn't keep up with the housework so I needed to get the house whipped back into shape before I threw myself back into writing. It took me most of the day yesterday to finish that. My husband is enough of a male chauvinist that getting the house back in order benefited our relationship. So now that my relationships with my husband and daughter have been reinforced, I can selfishly return, unashamedly back to my writing.

It's hard to believe that in just 33 days, the 2009 NaNoWriMo begins.

2 comments:

  1. Remind him he's lucky to have you. Your work is important too, with or without the paycheck. When you're rolling in the dough from your novel then he can do the housework!

    Then you can tell mine the same thing. :-|

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the vote of confidence, Blindsquirrel. You are truly a great friend. I just stopped by and read your articles on hub-pages. I signed up as a fan too. I'll make sure to tell your husband that he's lucky to have you too.

    ReplyDelete