Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Day -59 and counting

Day minus 59 and counting. Here it is the second day in September and less than two months until the 2009 NaNoWriMo begins. There are so many directions I can go in right now that it's really hard to focus on getting things done and not trying to start new projects. If there is one lesson I want to learn before the November project starts is that I want to be able to focus and get the job done. I have this habit of loving starting the new project, the excitement of this new idea keeps me focused for a while. Often though I'm focused for just a few days and then I'm ready to start something new. It reminds me of blackberry picking. It seems like I fill up the bottom of the bucket I'm using very quickly but then when berries get up to the middle of the bucket the going goes slow. It feels like the bucket will never get full. I just keep picking and then suddenly I'm near the top and the bucket starts to fill seemingly faster. Any project that takes more than a few minutes is like that. In the beginning it seems we get quick results but then when we get to the middle the project bogs down and it isn't fun for a while but what keeps us going and what must keep us going is that there is a prize at the end of the project. A job well done and a finished product we can be proud of.

No comments:

Post a Comment