Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Day -11 and counting

Yesterday was a busy day but it wasn't necessarily the most productive day for me. For one thing I didn't get a single article completed. I did however work on editing two and I worked on editing WGTHH and worked on getting to know my character Martha more for Coward's.

I'm really pleased with the work I've done on Coward's already. I think I've laid the ground work with the plot and the main characters very well. I guess the next thing that I can work on is some of the minor characters. If I can get say Head of Stone's Wife and father-in-law and get Victor Bruce fleshed out by the launch of the 2009 NaNoWriMo, the book will practically write itself. All I'm going to need to do is sit down and start typing.

I received some unpleasant news yesterday when my daughter came home. She told me that there wasn't going to be any school for the rest of the week because of all the illnesses. The school claims there are no confirmed cases of H1N1 but that only means that the ones who are ill are not going to the doctor to have it verified. They are simply staying home and suffering through whatever virus it is. Fortunately none of us are sick at our house but the problem for me is that not only will I have my daughter home from school but because my husband is a bus driver, he will be home also. To top it off, because our car is not running, I won't be getting any reprieve. I will have the family under-foot all the rest of the week.

My husband has a gentleman coming by tonight to look at the car and see if he can figure out what the problem is. If it's a timing problem, we can get it fixed, other wise if it's a computer problem, we'll be getting a different car. Either way, we should have a car running soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment