Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Day -25 and counting

Just 25 more days until the 2009 NaNoWriMo. I am so looking forward to this I'll be able to work on my beloved fiction and devote my time to it. I realize now that although my main concentration will be on the book, I know that I will have to write some nonfiction during that time as well. I'll just work on the book first, do what I need to get done for the day on the book then I'll work on the nonfiction. It's strange but even though I've never written 1667 words in fiction in a day, I have no doubts that I can do it. It's a truly freeing thought to know that I won't have to edit anything in the book until I finish writing it. Not that I won't do any editing. I know me. As soon as I see that word underlined, I know that I'll have to fix that spelling or I won't be able to move on. I just won't be reworking entire passages before moving onto the next part of the story. Writing articles has shown me a few tips too that I think will help with the fiction. I know that I often don't know how to start at the beginning. We don't have to write chronologically. We can write in the way our mind thinks then fill in the blanks and rearrange what we've written so that it makes sense chronologically. I know that I often have a scene or whatever further on in the story and if I just go with what I know, I will get stuff written. Once I've got what's next written, I can usually figure out how to get there and if not right then, then soon so I don't worry about how to get from A to D. I just write A then I write D and somehow I always figure out B and C. That's the great thing about writing on the computer. It allows you to write that way.

No comments:

Post a Comment