Friday, October 30, 2009

Day -2 and counting

Less than 48 hours until the beginning of the 2009 NaNoWriMo! Hard to believe that it's really here already.

This morning my husband and I woke to the phone ringing. He answered it and it was the school telling him that there was no school. (He's a bus driver so that was why the principal called him personally.) It has been raining off and on for the past several weeks so the deluge we had last night caused the local rivers to overflow their banks. I hear that the bridge just down the road from us is washed out. It's a concern not because we are in any danger from flood waters here because we live on a hill. It's just that if that bridge is out, we have to go way out of our way to get to the school because that's our only access without going miles and miles our of our way and it's still raining.

My daughter when she awoke this morning was really upset that she couldn't go to school today. Since tomorrow is Halloween they planned a party this afternoon but since school was canceled, no party. We had to reassure her that tomorrow there will be trick or treating. (Sun was promised for tomorrow).

Since my husband and daughter are home today I have to share the computer with my husband. (No wifi--bad dialup connection at that)Not much time for me to write today so I'm going to be doing some baking--bread and sweet potato pie. If you like sweet potato pie, go to my recipe for Sweet Potato Pie Yummy!

No comments:

Post a Comment